Bosch 1250DEVS Review 2017
The Bosch 1250DEVS will be the number one choice for all lovers of the Bosch brand. Over 100 buyers at Amazon have taken the time to leave a review, and overall they rated this model at a whopping 4.7 out of 5 stars. That alone should inform you that this is a very good random orbit sander.
If you don’t have time to read my full review, then you can go straight to the product page by clicking here.
One buyer had this to say about his purchase;
Bottom line, we use this sander professionally and don’t take it easy on it. If your looking for a very well built sander that is heavy duty this is the one for you.
So as you can see we are talking about a high quality sander, and a work horse if you need something like that.
Key Features of the 1250DEVS
This is not a cheap option at around $250 so I think that is worth pointing out right from the start. For me personally, when it comes to buying power tools, I am happy to spend the money on Dewalt, as I love their brand.
I was lucky enough that a friend of mine is a Bosch fan, and yes he owned one of these. That meant I got to use one of these.
When it comes to sanders I prefer the pneumatic versions such as Dynabrade, but with corded sanders, I have to say I was impressed with this one from Bosch. It is a 6″ sander, powerful and felt really good when using it. Stock removal was fast, and it also did a really god job on the finish.
You can check out the video review below, which is well worth a look.
Now I only tried this out on a couple of picture frames but my mate has used this on many woodworking jobs. He tells me that it is one of his favourites. He is particularly hard to please, so when he says something like this, it is unusual and should be listened to.
Key Specification and Features
So here is a quick list of the features for those that want the technical stuff:
- Weighs 5.3 lbs
- Powerful 6.5 Amp dual-mode motor, multi-purpose sander, with a 3/16″ orbit diameter
- It takes 6″ pads, hook and loop, with 6 holes
- This one has 2 sanding modes: There is the normal random orbit mode for normal stock removal or fine finishing and the “turbo” driven eccentric orbit mode for aggressive stock (5 times the rate of the first mode)
- There is a simple mode selector lever that allows quick change between random orbit mode and aggressive turbo mode
- It comes with a soft start that reduces start-up torque and avoids run off
- There is a pad dampening system that helps prevent swirl marks when removing the sander from the work piece
- The gear housing is made from aluminium and it has a dual-bearing pad mount for long-life which reduces the amount of wobble and vibration
- Uses widely available industry-standard 6-hole 6 In. hook-&-loop discs
- Variable-speed dial
- Dust port accepts Bosch hoses and standard equipment VAC002 hose adapter allows connection to 1-1/4 In. and 1-1/2 In. hoses
What Buyers Really Liked
The thing that is repeated time after time is the dual mode. The way that you can switch between the aggressive removal to the normal finishing sander is what buyers rave about. Here is one example of such a review:
This is by far the best sander I’ve ever own. I own a festool and a Fein, but I wanted the dual mode this model offers. With that said, I have a pick the other two up since I purchased the bosch. The most important feature of sander for me, is dust collection and this is the best. This is one of those tools were you get every dollar you spent back from the time it saves you!
Like any of these sanders it is always worth having a dust vacuum system of some kind. In my opinion it is just so important to have some type of vacuum hook up.
It is actually quite difficult to find reviews that say the Bosch 1250DEVS is a bad product, but of course if you dig deep enough, you do find them. I found a couple on Amazon so had a closer look at those. One said he couldn’t put the handle on as it wasn’t threaded? The other one just didn’t like it that much.
You do have to consider things in the whole. 82% of buyers gave this a full 5 star rating and it is hard to argue with those type of reviews. When I used it, I found it to be an excellent sander. The only thing that makes me shy away is the price tag. If you can afford this one, then buy it is my advice.
It is an expensive option. If you prefer to buy something cheaper, then check my top 10 list. You should be able to find a more suitable price on there, and I would recommend one of the Dewalt models.