Our Review of the Bosch JS365 120-Volt Top-Handle Jigsaw Kit
The Bosch JS365 jigsaw is a popular choice for many buyers. This is the top handle style of jigsaw and is very easy to use. Changing the blade is super simple. There are four different settings from coarse to fine. There is a very useful dust blower and it comes with variable speed.
In this article we see how buyers rate this jigsaw, what they have to say about it, and you can then decide, if this is the right tool for your own specific needs. You can have a closer look at it, in the image just below.
As you can now see, this is a corded jigsaw and that means it needs to be plugged into an electrical socket. You can also notice the foot of the saw, which is made from aluminium with a steel insert at the pressure point.
How Buyers Rate this Bosch JS365
Looking at buyer's ratings is a great indication of how good any product is. That is because these people have bought this jigsaw, made use of it, and then taken the time to leave a review. They have used a 5 star rating system, with 5 stars being the highest and 1 star being the lowest.
Underneath we have summarised those star ratings by percentage as that makes it easier to understand.
At a glance you can now see that almost 7 out of 10 buyers, gave this Bosch jigsaw a full 5 star rating. 86% rated it 4 stars or higher. Around 7% gave it just a 1 star rating. It is fair to say that overall buyers liked this jigsaw. Personally the 7% low ratings is something that we will want to take a closer look at. It is higher than we like to see.
However with 86% rating it highly, we do need to keep the poor reviews in perspective. The overall rating for this jigsaw is 4.5 out of 5 stars.
What Buyers Say About the Bosch JS365 Jigsaw
This Bosch jigsaw has an average price of around $115. We also know that overall buyers like this product, so those are certainly things in its favour. Below we have put together a Pros and Cons table, that summarises what buyers said.
- Powerful jigsaw that cuts quickly
- Changing the t-shank blades is really super fast
- Really good quality and the vibration is very low
- Can easily glide through wood, even the harder woods
- Is a great choice for a beginner as it is so easy to use
- Cuts straight and is easy to create shapes should you need to do that
- Very useful even for heavy duty work
- Does not accept U-shank blades
- This saw is made in China
- A few buyers said the saw did not cut straight
We did take a closer look at the 7% of low 1-star reviews. There we found the following information that you might want to consider. A couple of them said this saw cut crooked. Some believed it was cheaply made. There were not a lot of complaints. Those that were there in essence said that the way the blade is attached can only ever deliver a crooked cut.
Again as the reviews are low, the majority of buyers were very happy. Everyone is however entitled to their opinion.
Bosch JS365 Specification
Underneath you will find a technical specification for this popular Bosch jigsaw:
- 120 Volt, 6.5 Ampere corded electric jigsaw
- Measures 16.3 x 13.6 x 4.6 inches
- Weighs 5.35 pounds
- Comes with a 1-year warranty and a 30 day money back guarantee
- Comes in a hard plastic carrying case
- Has a two finger trigger
- 4 orbital speeds that will allow you to cut wood, aluminium, and steel
- Has a no-mar overshoe and an anti-splitter insert
- Comes with 1 blade
- Has a 3-1/2-inch cutting capacity in soft wood, a 7/8-inch capacity in aluminium, and 3/8-inch capacity in mild steel
- Has variable speed ideal for a slow start up
- Tool less fast blade change for T-shank blades only
- The vibration is low when compared to many other jigsaws
- Has a lock on button which is useful for long periods of sawing
- Also has an adjustable dust blower that does keep the cutting line clear from sawdust - please note it does not collect the dust.
- Can cut bevels up to an angle of 45 degrees
Video Review of the Bosch JS365
We found a useful video review of this jigsaw, which is well worth a look. This video lasts only 1 minute and 30 seconds, and is certainly worth a look.
Our Verdict on the Bosch JS365 120-Volt Top-Handle Jigsaw Kit
We have very little hesitation in recommending this Bosch jigsaw. If this is not the one for you, then please feel free to check out our top 10 list of the best jigsaws. Bosch is a good quality make, and there is no question that this JS365 has a good range of features, and is very easy to use.
Our opinion is that this jigsaw is affordable and gets great ratings. It is easy to use and has enough features, that will allow you to do a whole range of cutting jobs, around the home and garden.
It has plenty of power, handles easily and it is accurate. The variable speed make this saw a very good choice for cutting curves. The vibration is very low and that allows for a smooth cutting operation.
Changing the blade is very easy, and the dust blower ensures a clear cutting line, free from dust.