Dewalt 18V XRP Drill Review 2017
This is my review of the DEWALT 18V XRP Drill and it is probably one of the best drills that DEWALT have ever produced, in my opinion. There are over 150 buyer reviews at Amazon who would share my opinion on this drill. You probably already know that this brand is renowned for making very high quality tools.
Well this Hammer drill/Driver is certainly close to the top of the list. I use a lot of DEWALT tools and especially their drills in the line of work that I do, and I have never held a drill that feels so really well balanced in your hand. It simply looks good and it feels good.
In my opinion any contractor, or someone who needs a good solid reliable cordless drill, can simply not go too far wrong if they use this as their standard work horse.
Main Features of the Dewalt XRP Drill/Driver
- If you have ever had the misfortune to use a drill and the bit keeps slipping in the chuck, then you will know how really annoying that is. The chuck in this drill however is a proper heavy duty one, that just grips bits and drills very tightly.
- There is a nice 450 watt motor powering this so you get both speed and power
- You know it is sheer quality as the transmission is 100% metal, which increases speed and durability
Other Features You Should Consider
- It measures 4.38″ in length by 11.13″ in width and is 3.75″ high and weighs 3.25 pounds which makes it a solid drill that can still be used in small and confined spaces.
- There is also a strong LED light
- This uses a NiCAD battery that is not supplied (This is classed as a BARE tool which simply means no battery)
- Has a 90 day money back guarantee and a 3-year limited warranty
- Has 3 variable speeds, and 3 hammer drill speeds with 22 clutch settings
My Verdict on the DEWALT 18V XRP
|Price:||Too low to display|
For me personally I would much rather have a drill that is cordless and can do all jobs, including the tough ones. With the DEWALT DCD950B XRP that is what you get. The only thing I don’t like that much about it is the light as it tends to cast a small shadow on the area you are drilling. I could be wrong of course but I don’t think there is really a design that would work around that. Other than that small moan, I found it hard to complain about this drill.
I guess the thing I like about DEWALT drills is that they continually try to improve them. The addition of the new chuck makes such a difference and saves you a lot of time and frustration. I also think the gear change on this is smoother. This is in my opinion a very useful drill/driver to have in your tool bag.