Dewalt D26453K Review 2017
Now I should tell you right up front that I am a Dewalt fan. The Dewalt D26453K is for me personally the best 5″ random orbit sander on the market. For less than $110 I don’t think there is a better one available right now. I own a whole range of Dewalt tools as I used to work in the trade.
In my opinion they are the best and I do not mind paying those extra few dollars to buy these. This sander is no exception and it is the one sander that I still use all the time.
I have tried and used many others, but I always revert to this one. Below I have conducted a more detailed review, which I hope you will find useful.
Key Features of the Dewalt D26453K Sander
- This Dewalt has a very powerful 3.0 Amp motor
- It comes with electronic variable speed
- It can be adjusted 7,000-12,000 opm providing ideal sanding speed for smooth finish
- As Dewalt describe this it has a textured anti-slip top and body grip provides ultimate comfort and control during use
- It truly is super simple to control and easily maintains controllable pad speed and minimizes any chance of gouging during start up
- Dust-Sealed Switch protects against dust ingestion for longer switch life
- Sealed 100% ball-bearing construction provides longer life
- High capacity dust bag with built-in vacuum adapter provides maximum dust collection with or with out a vacuum
- 3-year limited warranty
- 1-year service contract
- 90 day money back guarantee
Who Would Buy the Dewalt D26453K Model?
This machine is lightweight so ideal for any type of overhead job. Many of the buyers of this sander were ladies, and they found this product simple to use, and also thanks to its light weight, they did not suffer from hand or arm fatigue.
Many sanders can be heavy and much harder to use. Sanding can take time and although at the start the weight may not seem important, by the end of the job, it becomes very important.
If you have a lot of sanding to so, make sure the one you pick is light in weight, but still powerful enough to get the job done. This Dewalt model is perfect in my opinion.
The dust extraction using the bag is similar to many other models. It is a lot better than many but ideally it should be hooked up to a good vacuum system. I appreciate that this can not always be the case if for example you are working on drywall within the home. However if most of you work is in a wood shop, then spend the money and get a good dust extraction system installed.
Summary & Verdict
The Dewalt D26453K is a robust model and will last for ages. It is truly durable and very easy to set up as well. This one sands pretty quickly and works well when doing the finishing jobs. For under $80 this represents very good value for money.
Having the bag to keep it in is certainly a nice addition. It can be used one handed though two hands will always give you slightly better control in my opinion.