The Top 10 Best Cordless Jigsaws
Thanks for taking your time to read our reviews of the best cordless jigsaw currently available on the market. We have researched these jigsaws so as you don't have to, and included only those with the highest buyer satisfaction ratings.
So here is our list of the 10 Best Cordless Jigsaws
Please note that in the table below, we have included our ranking, the product name, an average buyer satisfaction rating, the size of the battery and a bare tool column.
The buyer satisfaction rating we get from looking at all the websites that sell these products and working out the average buyer satisfaction ratings.
Many of these jigsaws come as "bare tool" only. That means they are not supplied with a battery and charger so you get the tool only. You can of course buy the battery and charger but that will make the purchase a lot more expensive. However if you already own a branded cordless tool, then you may have a battery that will work with this.
If you see the word complete in the column below, that refers to the fact that the jigsaw comes with a battery and charger.
We have done summary reviews of each of these jigsaws below.
No 1 - Makita DJV180Z 18V LXT Cordless JIG SAW
- This cordless jigsaw has a tool less blade change that means you can quickly install and remove blades
- It has a variable speed trigger
- Also has 3 orbital settings that allow the user to get a more aggressive cut
- It also has an excellent blower feature that helps keep the cutting line free of saw dust
- LED Job Light illuminates work area
- Please note this is a bare tool only so no battery or charger is provided
- Measures 3.4 x 12 x 8.9" and weighs 5.29 pounds
- Stroke Length 26 mm and 0-2600 strokes per minute
- Max cut in wood is 135 mm, and 10 mm in steel
- No bevel cutting
Makita are known for making very high quality tools. They are never going to be cheap, but they work a treat. Buyers were very impressed with the power of this saw, and loved the fact that it was very easy to change the blades.
No 2 - Makita XVJ03Z 18-Volt LXT Lithium-Ion Jig Saw (Tool Only, No Battery)
- Has a variable speed motor that delivers 0-2,600 strokes per minute
- Also has 3 orbital settings plus straight cutting
- Uses the "Tool-less" blade change system
- Has a variable speed trigger
- Also has an L.E.D. light and rubberized soft grip handle
- Has safety to prevent overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- This is a bare tool only (battery and charger sold separately)
- Requires an 18V LXT Lithium Ion battery
- Cutting capacity in wood 5-5/16", 3/8" in steel and 25/32" in aluminum
- Measures 13 x 4 x 10 inches and weighs 5 pounds
Buyers have overall given this jigsaw excellent ratings. We reckon that as long as you own a Makita battery then this one should have your consideration. It is well made and comes with the high quality that you would expect from the Makita brand.
No 3 - WORX WX543L 20V Jigsaw
- This is the first option on our list that comes with a blade, a 1.5Ah 20V battery and the charger
- It is also one of the most affordable on our list
- It has a too free blade change system (takes T-shank blades)
- It also has an orbital function for improved cutting efficiency
- It has variable speed for controlled cutting on different materials
- Has a lock-off switch for safety operation
- Also has a rubber grip for comfort
- Measures 12.5 x 8.9 x 4.1 inches and weighs 5.8 pounds
- Adjustable base plate for bevel cuts
- Also has an LED light
This is an interesting and affordable solution for some buyers. The good news is that you do get everything you need to be able to get started as soon as the box arrives in the post. It also has all the right features that include tool free blade changes, an LED light, bevel options and a vacuum to keep the cutting line visible.
No 4 - SKIL 20V 7/8 Inch Stroke Length Jigsaw, Includes 2.0Ah PWRCore 20 Lithium Battery and Charger - JS820302
- This cordless jigsaw kit from the SKIL brand comes with a PWRCore 20 Volt 2.0Ah Lithium Battery and 20V Charger
- The battery also has a temperature management system to keep battery cool and powering on through your project and the charger has a charging status light
- It has a variable speed and brake that does make cleaner cuts in various types of materials and the brake allows you to get a very neat finish
- It also has a 4 stage orbital function which offers high cutting efficiency for different materials
- You get up to 2,800 strokes per minute with a 7/8 inch stroke
- Has a tool free blade clamp
- Also has tool free bevel adjustment by quickly adjusting the shoe
- Has a dust blower with on/off switch
- Has an LED light
This is pretty new to the market, so we will track the reviews, but so far so good according to those buyers who have taken the time to leave a review. This jigsaw is well priced and you are getting a lot of features for your money.
No 5 - Bosch 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Jig Saw Bare Tool JSH180B
- The Bosch JSH180B 18V jig saw is a lightweight and compact jigsaw
- It uses a tool free t-shank blade change system
- It has an adjustable footplate that allows for bevel cuts up to 45 degrees
- It comes with an always-on dust blower and an LED light, and those two features combined really do help keep the cut line visible and sawdust free
- Maximum Metal Cutting Capacity is 3/8-Inch and for wood it is 3.5 inches
- Measures 10 x 8.7 x 3.7 inches and weighs 4.05 lbs
- Has a no load speed (strokes per minute) oaf 0-2,700
- Has motor and battery protection to prevent over heating
Many buyers like and trust the reliable Bosch brand. There are certainly no complaints about the actual jigsaw itself. Those that did complain, were those that thought this came with the battery and charger.
The tool itself though works well and again like many others on this list appears to have all the right features. It is worth pointing out though that the shoe needs to be adjusted with a wrench. That is OK if you only use it now and again. If you need to do that on regular basis a wrench change can be a pain.
No 6 - Hitachi CJ18DGLP4 18V Cordless Lithium-Ion Jig Saw with Lifetime Tool Warranty (Tool Only, No Battery)
- Please note this is the tool only so no battery and charger
- It works with Hitachi 18V Lithium Ion slide type batteries
- This jigsaw has a tool free blade changing system and takes both T-shaped and U-shaped blades
- It has a soft grip handle for improved comfort and less fatigue
- It has a 3 mode orbital action that allows for accurate and efficient cuts in a variety of materials
- Comes with an LED light for visibility and precise cuts
- You can do bevels with the 45 degree cutting angle
- It has on tool blade storage that holds up to 6 blades
- Comes with a lifetime Lithium Ion Tool Warranty
- No load speed (strokes per minute) 0-2400
- Weighs 4.55 pounds
This appears to be a popular choice for buyers as they like this Hitachi brand. Overall the reviews are good and those bad reviews are from people who have used other jigsaws before. They have higher expectations than most home owners who are perhaps making their first purchase.
This jigsaw does have its limitations, and no dust blower is one of those.
No 7 - Makita XVJ02Z 18-Volt LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless Jig Saw, Bare-Tool
- Please note that this is the bare tool only (no battery and charger)
- This is a high end jigsaw as it has a Makita-built brushless motor which will greatly extend its life
- It also has 3 orbital settings which helps deliver faster and more accurate cuts in a variety of materials
- It has a wide variable 6-speed control dial (800-3,500 SPM) enables user to match the speed to the application
- The brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- It also has a soft start that eliminates that jumping action at the start of a cut
- It has dual L.E.D. lights illuminate the work area
- Also has a built-in dust blower that clears the line of cut for increased accuracy
This model comes down to the liking or disliking of the soft start option. This jigsaw doesn't start cutting at full speed until you put considerable pressure on the blade. That does help conserve your battery and allows you to make a slow and accurate starting cut.
While that is useful in some circumstances, it also takes some getting used to,and some users just find this really annoying when they just want to get on with their cutting.
No 8 - Dewalt DCS331BR 20V MAX Cordless Lithium-Ion Jigsaw Bare Tool
- This is a tool only and the battery and charger are sold separately
- This jigsaw has an all metal lever action keyless blade
- It also has an all metal keyless shoe bevel - Has detents at 0°, 15°, 30°, and 45° provides versatility for easy bevel cutting
- Has a 4-position orbital action
- It uses T-shank jig saw blades for optimal holding power and professional results.
- Measures 11.2 x 11 x 3.9 inches and weighs 5.71 pounds
- Comes with a 3 year limited warranty
Of all of the cordless jigsaws on our list this is the best option of them all. The only reason that this one is at number 8 on our list is down to the price. This is a very expensive Dewalt option and a great choice for professionals.
If however you can afford this one, then by all means go ahead as it is extremely high quality.
No 9 - Makita VJ04R1 12V MAX CXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Jig Saw Kit
- This does come with a battery and charger
- This model offers a variable speed motor that delivers 0-2,900 strokes per minute
- It has 3 orbital settings plus straight cutting for use in a wide range of materials
- Has a dust port for use with a vacuum
- Has a die-cast aluminum base that adjusts from 0°-45° right to left
- Also has an electric brake
- You need to use a supplied wrench for blade changes
- Has a lock-on button for continuous operation and uses Tang shank blades
- Uses a 12V max CXT Lithium-Ion 2.0Ah battery BL1021B
- Has an L.E.D. battery charge level indicator
This is designed to be used by home owners who may need a jigsaw from time to time and prefer one with no trailing leads. Don't buy this one if you plan on using a jigsaw on a regular basis, or to do any heavy duty work.
This is designed to be able to do small jobs or light jobs around the home.
No 10 - BLACK+DECKER BDCJS20C 20V MAX JigSaw with Battery and Charger
- This model does come with the battery and charger
- It has a variable speed trigger for better control
- It also has a 45° bevel shoe capacity for angled cuts either to the left or to the right
- It has a tool free blade change and will take either T or U shaped blades
- It also has a dust blower
- This jigsaw forms part of the B&D 20V max* system
- The stroke length is 3/4 inch and operates at 0- 2500 strokes per minute
- Measures 11 x 3.5 x 9 inches and weighs 5 pounds
- Covered by a 2 year limited warranty
There are 1 in 5 people complaining about this cordless jigsaw and that is unusually high. Anyone who left a good review was only using this for the lighter smaller jobs around the house and yard.