Craftsman Drilling and Driving Kit Review
UPDATE 11/15/2016: They have released a new model of this kit, which I have reviewed below. The Craftsman 100 piece drilling and driving kit costs on average around$30, depending on where you make your purchase. When I checked at Amazon, there were over 400 buyer reviews on the old version. This is a new and improved version..
They seemed to really like this multi-drill and bit kit. Here at Tool & Go we would rate this one as an 8.8 out of 10. We consider this one to be a good value for money drill kit.
What’s Inside the Craftsman drilling and driving kit
- You get the case with various compartments
- You get a selection of drill bits That can be used for drilling through metal, drilling through wood, drilling through plastic and masonry bits for drilling through various types of mortar and concrete.
- There is a nice range of power bits and insert bits to meet all your driving needs.
- You get the two standard driver bits: These are of course for the popular Phillips style screws, and also for flat head screws.
Overall that is a really nice selection of bits and drills. They will allow you to take on almost any job around the home.
Who Should Buy the Craftsman drilling and driving kit?
This is what I would class as a good all rounder especially for home use. As you will know there is always something to do around the home or yard. Almost always that will involve some type of drilling or driving requirement. It could be as simple as putting a shelf up, to fixing a kid’s bike or doing some basic drilling through wood.
Having one of these multi-type of drill sets allows you always to have the right drill bit or driver. Although the quality is not as high as buying expensive individual bits and driver attachments, they are good enough for infrequent use. The fact that you get a wide range of sizes means you will not be stuck, when you come to completing a task.
This type of expansive kit also means that you will not always have to be running to the store for a special size.
Sizes Inside the Craftsman Kit
- 6 Masonry drill bits – 1/8″, 5/32″, 11/64″, 3/16″, 7/32″, 1/4″
- 5 Wood brad drill bits – 1/8″, 3/16″, 1/4″, 5/16″, 3/8″
- 9 Black oxide bits – 1/16″, 5/64″, 3/32″, 7/64″, 1/8″, 9/64″, 5/32″, 3/16″, 1/4″
- 3 Larger spade bits – 1/2″, 5/8″, 3/4″
- 61 driver bits
- 9 nut drivers
- 1 Allen Key
- 1 stubby screwdriver
These are made from steel and are ideal for light to medium types of work around the home.
What Buyers Liked About the Craftsman drilling and driving kit
Looking at all of the buyer reviews, we can be sure that generally this kit is well received by actual buyers. I think most people realise that when you pay around $23, for 100 pieces, they are not going to be the highest quality. That said they are good enough for general working around the home.
There are drilling bits that can be used for the various materials such as masonry, wood, metal and plastic. Again these are enough to be able to do all those house type of jobs.
What Buyers Didn’t Like About the Craftsman drilling and driving kit
- Some buyers said the quality was too low, and the screwdriver bits broke at the ends.
- Some buyers said these were not meant for heavy duty work and we would agree with this.
Summary of the Craftsman Kit
This is one of the better general purpose drilling and driving kits around at the moment.For a small amount of money you will get plenty of use out of these. If you were buying high quality bits, then you could easily spend this amount on just one drill bit. So as you can imagine, when you are getting 100 pieces, they are not going to be of the highest quality.
That said they are certainly good enough to own and use for the many jobs required around the home. These are decent enough quality for a pretty good price.