Thanks for taking your time to read our review of the Craftsman drilling and driving kit. Recently Craftsman have released a new model of this kit, which we have reviewed below. The Craftsman 100 piece drilling and driving kit costs on average around $40, depending on where you make your purchase.
How Buyers Rate the Craftsman 100 Piece Drilling and Driving kit
- Overall, online buyers have given this a buyer satisfaction rating of 90%
- 74% of those buyers have given this kit a full 5 star review
- 5% of all buyers have given this a poor review
What Do You Get for Your Money?
The first thing to point out is that it does come with this carrying case which is of course essential to have so as you can store and easily find your drills or driving bits.
- Drill bits - You get a selection of drill bits That can be used for drilling through metal, drilling through wood, drilling through plastic and masonry bits for drilling through various types of mortar and concrete.
- Power Bits - There is a nice range of power bits and insert bits to meet all your driving needs.
- Two standard driver bits: These are of course for the popular Phillips style screws, and also for flat head screws.
Overall that is a really nice selection of bits and drills. They will allow you to take on almost any job around the home.
Sizes Inside the Craftsman Kit
- 6 Masonry drill bits - 1/8", 5/32", 11/64", 3/16", 7/32", 1/4"
- 5 Wood brad drill bits - 1/8", 3/16", 1/4", 5/16", 3/8"
- 9 Black oxide bits - 1/16", 5/64", 3/32", 7/64", 1/8", 9/64", 5/32", 3/16", 1/4"
- 3 Larger spade bits - 1/2", 5/8", 3/4"
- Driver Bits - 61 driver bits
- 9 nut drivers
- 1 Allen Key
- 1 stubby screwdriver
Pros and Cons
We have included below what buyers had to say once they had bought and used this Craftsman kit.
Looking at all of the buyer reviews, we can be sure that generally this kit is well received by actual buyers.
Having one of these multi-type of drill sets allows you always to have the right drill bit or driver. Although the quality is not as high as buying expensive individual bits and driver attachments, they are good enough for infrequent use.
The fact that you get a wide range of sizes means you will not be stuck, when you come to completing a task. This type of expansive kit also means that you will not always have to be running to the store for a special size.
This is one of the better general purpose drilling and driving kits around at the moment. For a small amount of money you will get plenty of use out of these. If you were buying high quality bits, then you could easily spend this amount on just one drill bit. So as you can imagine, when you are getting 100 pieces, they are not going to be of the highest quality
This is what we would class as a good all rounder especially for home use. As you will know there is always something to do around the home or yard. Almost always that will involve some type of drilling or driving requirement. It could be as simple as putting a shelf up, to fixing a kid's bike or doing some basic drilling through wood.