Dewalt D26451K Review
This model is no longer available in most online stores. You may still be able to get one of these as either a second hand or used model.
I am a self confessed Dewalt fan, and the D26451K is in my opinion an excellent sander to own. As you can see from my table of top rated sanders, this one is right up there with the very best of them.
What makes it exceptional though is the low and affordable price. If you are a person who knows anything about tools, then you will of course instantly recognize the Dewalt brand.
What you will also know is that although their tools are of excellent quality, you normally have to pay a lot more for them.
This D26451K sander is an exception to that rule. With a price tag of around S75-80, this is in my opinion a steal at that price. To be honest I would struggle not to make this one my number one recommendation.
With almost 500 buyer reviews at Amazon, this sander has achieved and maintained a great rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Below I have done a detailed review of this product.
For those who like more detail, then please continue to read about the Dewalt 5″ sander.
Key Features & Benefits of the Dewalt D26541K Sander
- This one has a powerful 3.0 Amp motor operates
- Has speeds of up to 12,000 orbits per minute and is a great sanding speed to give a really smooth finish
- The anti-slip top and body grip are textured, and this serves two purposes which are comfort and strong control during use
- Controlled Finishing System – That means it has a controllable pad speed and minimises gouging during start up which is very important
- Dust-Sealed Switch protects against dust ingestion for longer switch life
- The ball-bearing construction, like the switch is also sealed and that provides longer life
- This one comes with a good sized dust bag and also has a built-in vacuum adaptor provides maximum dust collection with or with out a vacuum
- It uses 5″, 8-hole hook & loop paper
Dewalt are so confident about their products that they offer a lot of reassurance for buyers of their products. With this one you get:
- 90 day money back guarantee
- I Year free service contract
- 3 Year Limited warranty
You do need to register for this online and it will ask you for a serial number. You can find that punched into the tool label. Always make sure to do this as otherwise the warranty is neither active or valid.
Below is a short video of this sander being unboxed.
What Buyers Liked About the D2645K Model
- Well the price point is certainly attractive and it is not often you can say that when buying a Dewalt tool. This one really is great value for money.
- This is a tough and durable sander and that makes it a great workhorse for around the home
- Nice weight and not too heavy which is good if you need to use this for longer periods of time
- Low vibration – many sanders vibrate a lot but this one has a very low vibration level, making it easier and more comfortable on the hands and arms.
- 75% of all buyers gave this a straight 5 star review
One buyer had this to say:
Let me tell you, I am blown away by how well this thing works. I am finish sanding several pine chests I am making, and the DeWalt sander is doing a beautiful job. I started with 120 grit paper, and then went right to 220 grit – great job.
What Buyers Did Not Like
- Like most sanders, a few end users do not like the dust bag as it needs to be emptied on the bigger jobs. That is the reason I always recommend some type of vacuum system in your workshop. In my opinion this dust bag works better than many others, though a vacuum is always best, and many reviewers agree.
- The discs can be expensive if you go with the brand discs
This is an excellent machine. It works very well, is easy to keep clean, and (unlike some sanders I have used) the dust control system is highly effective, with so little escaping that I gave up wearing a face mask.
Now I would highly recommend wearing a dust mask any time you have to sand something.
Who Should Buy the Dewalt D26451K?
I think that this sander is great if you need to do a few jobs around the home. These could be as simple as finishing off a picture frame, removing paint from wood, or sanding the edge of doors to make them fit better.
If you need to work on sanding tables, chairs or furniture then this one will work really well for you. Likewise if you need to do wooden floors, this will also be a good choice. I would recommend a belt sander though to do the most of that work. With many of the orbital sanders, the palm grip area, where the motor is housed can get hot.
Not so with this Dewalt model so you can work for longer periods of time.
So overall this is a very good high quality sander at a very good price.