Dewalt DWA2T40IR Impact Ready FlexTorq Screw Driving Set Review
Thanks for taking your time to read our detailed review of the extremely popular Dewalt DWA2T40IR FlexTorq screw driving set. Please note that these bits are designed to be fitted directly into an "impact driver."
We believe that this set is very well made. It certainly fits screws better than any other types of bits out there. They are designed for professionals working at sites, but these are also an excellent set of bits to own, if you like to do DIY work or projects around the home and yard.
They come in a hard case that is tough as durable and can be easily opened and closed without having to about it braking or springing open.
Drills vs Impact Driver Bits
Some buyers do get a bit confused between the use of an impact driver and a drill when it comes to driving screws home. They are very different tools, and this is important to understand when loading bits.
- Drills typically have keyless chucks that accept a variety of either round or hex shank bits, These bits are then held in place by twisting and tightening the chuck around the bit
- Impact drivers have a collet that accepts 1/4-inch hex shank driver bits—to insert or release a bit you pull the collet forward.
If you haven't bought bits for an impact driver before, that is an important difference to be aware of. The bits are a little bit harder to change in an impact driver in that they need a bit more force.
It isn't a big deal, but it is just important to understand.
Dewalt DWA2T40IR Screw Driving Set - A Quick Review Summary
Designed for tough job site duties, the Impact Ready bits deliver the power, precision and dependability required to handle the toughest jobs.
An assortment of 40 various bit tips with popular sizes used on the job site, this bit set is perfect for any handyman, professional or DIYer.
This selection of impact ready bits are great value if you can find them for less than $20.
They will last for many years and covered by a solid warranty.
Overall Rating : 92%
- These bits can flex up to 15 degrees which means they will not break easily and as such will last a great deal longer than other bits. (That explains the word FlexTorq in the product name)
- This set has a 10 x Magnetic Screw Lock System for strong fastener retention and is preferred by professionals everywhere.
- You put the bits directly in the impact driver; so no run out and also minimizes drops and reduces wobbling
- It has a full range of sizes, from 2-inch to 6-inch screw driving bits and are removable to be used across a full bit set.
Who Should Buy this Dewalt Screw Driving Set?
Our opinion on this particular set is that if you want to own a ‘buy it for life’ type product, then this is the set of bits for you. Like most things in life you truly do get what you pay for.
If you have ever bought and used cheap driver bits, we are certain that you will have ended up extremely frustrated. The reason is that cheap driver bits break very easy, strip their heads and wobble like crazy.
These bits are more expensive than other brands but they don't break. That means a one time purchase and you never have to worry about having the right bits again.
People may buy an impact driver in addition to owning a drill. When using an impact driver for driving either screws or bolts, you should know that you can do tougher jobs. These are typically harder screwdriving jobs that would stall out a cordless drill.
For example driving longer screws into hard woods.
Impact drivers can deliver 2-3 times more torque than a drill and is less likely to twist your wrist. With an impact driver and bits you are much less likely to strip screws.
What Online Buyers Say About This the Dewalt Screw Driving Set
Here at the Tool And Go website we read a lot of online buyer reviews when we are doing our research. That is where you find really valuable information about what buyers really have to say, after they have bought and used the product, and then taken the time to leave their thoughts.
We have summarized this information in the table just below.
Pros & Cons
We have summarized the pros and cons of this driver set just below
- Overall buyers gave these a 92% buyer satisfaction rating
- 78% of all buyers gave these a 5 star review
- Only 3% of all buyers gave these a bad review
Dewalt DWA2T40IR Specification
Below we have listed what you get for your money:
- Set includes: one 3/8 In. untested
- One 1/4 In. untested
- One 5/16 In. untested
- One impact ready sleeve
- One 3 In. Impact ready screw lock holder
- Six 2 In. PH2 impact ready bits
- One 2 In. SQ2 impact ready bit
- One 2 In. T25 impact ready bit
- One 2 In. SL8 impact ready bit
- Four 1 In. PH2 bits
- Two 1 In. SL8 impact ready bits
- One 1 In. SL6 impact ready bit
- One 1 In. PH1 impact ready bit
- One 1 In. PH3 impact ready bit
- One 1 In. SL10 impact ready bit
- Three 1 In. PH2
- One 1 In. T15 impact ready bit
- Three 1 In. T20 impact ready bit
- Three 1 In. T25 impact ready bit
- One 1 In. T30 impact ready bit
- Two 1 In. SQ2 impact ready bits
- One 1 In. SQ3 impact ready bit
- One 1 In. SQ1 impact ready bit
- One 3.5 In. PH2 impact ready
- One case that measures 8.8 x 1.6 x 8.8 inches
- One year warranty
Our Verdict on the Dewalt DWA2T40IR FlexTorq Screw Driving Set
There are lots of impact driver bits on the market, and these are sold by all the leading tool brands. In addition there are many not so well known brands who will sell much larger and cheaper sets.
With Dewalt you are buying high quality that is built to last. There are some buyers who knock this brand and say that their products are just not good value for money.
We disagree and have been using Dewalt tools and parts for years. When you compare them to cheaper options, Dewalt really does show its class.
In our opinion these impact driver bits are no exception. Online buyers agree with us and have given these bits an excellent online rating.
We found over 7,000 online buyer reviews, and that should tell you that this driver bit set sells like crazy. To have maintained such a high satisfaction rating with so many buyers, shows us just how good these are.