The Makita BO5O41K has soared in popularity on Amazon and many other online tool websites. It is of course a high quality random orbital sander, but when released it cost $180.
That is expensive but thankfully it has dropped a lot in price. You should now be able to pick it up for under $90
Makita BO5041 K Price
That brings this sander well down in price, and that makes it amazing value. Now that includes the case, and the dust bag.
People who need a good sander are snapping this one up at that price.
The brand Makita is of course growing ever more popular, and they do make excellent power tools. This is certainly worth a closer look because it has rating of 96% buyer satisfaction, which is mighty impressive. 78% of all buyers gave this the full 5 star rating.
Key Features and Benefits of the BO5041K 5-Inch Random Orbit Sander Kit
- It uses a powerful 3 Ampere motor
- Has a nice range of variable speeds (4,000-12,000 OPM)
- The grip for the palm is ideal and ensures hand and arm comfort when in use
- Unique to this sander is the adjustable front handle – that allows you to be able to sand in corners and confined areas
- The trigger switch also has a lock-on button for continuous use
- Large 1/8″” random orbit action for fast and super smooth sanding provides a swirl-free finish
- Pad control system for controlled pad speed on start-up – prevents gouging
So you can see the features on this sander put this one right at the top of the range. One buyer had this to say when he reviewed the sander over at Amazon:
I love my sander. Put some Mirka sanding discs on this beast and go to town. This is well worth the $99 price of admission, even less if you don’t want the case
You can buy this one with or without the protective case. The difference in price is about $14 so up to you. The case is good quality, and will help protect the sander when not in use.
What Buyers Like About The Makita BO5041K
People like myself who use these sanders on a regular basis, want a product that removes stock quickly, is also good for finishing, and will last for a long time. When you read through the reviews, you see certain things being highlighted all of the time.
- Power – We want something that has enough power to do the tough jobs and Makita have packed more than enough power into this strong motor – there is no danger of this one running hot, when you apply the downward pressure
- Second Handle – this helps create so much more control and simply helps leave a much better finish
- Variable speed – don’t buy a sander that doesn’t have this or you will regret that. You can control this Makita sander at the highest speed with one finger, and that is how smooth this thing runs.
- Continuous Sanding – Few sanders have a trigger lock – this one does and it is great when doing those bigger jobs and a lot easier on the fingers.
- High Quality and Well Made – Buyers realised when they received their sander that is was a solid and well made tool.
What Buyers Didn’t Like
- That is pretty simple really – they did not like the initial price point of almost $200. When that dropped, then the sales of this one have exploded. At the current price it is great value for money.
- The Dust Bag – no matter what sander you buy, people will always complain about the dust bag. If you sand on a regular basis, or have read any of my other reviews, the only real proper solution is a dust vacuum system in your workshop. This one is easy to connect up to any system with a hose and a couple of adapters.
- Length of Cord – Like most power tools the power cord is seldom long enough.
Summary & Recommendation
It would be impossible for us not to recommend the Makita BO5041K 5-Inch Random Orbit Sander Kit at this really good price. Makita make high quality tools, and this, along with the Makita BO5030 are two of the best sanders on the market right now.
This particular model is leading the way in terms of number of sales, getting the highest rating, and also the newer and much more affordable price point.