Worx WG303 Electric Chainsaw Review
If you are in the market for a well priced and affordable chainsaw, powered by electric, then this WG303 model from the WORX brand is about as good as anything else on the market. Please note that this is an ELECTRIC chainsaw and not powered by gas.
The Worx 16-Inch 14.5 Amp Electric Chainsaw is one of the easiest to use electric chainsaws on the market, and if you just want to own a good basic chainsaw, then this is one that you should definitely check out.
In this article we will be doing an in-depth review of this saw so as you can decide if this is the right one for your own needs. Below we have listed all the key features and then focused on the really important ones.
Underneath that we have included what buyers have to say about this WG303 model from WORX. It is worth mentioning at this stage just a little about the WORX brand, so as you have a little background information on them.
THE WORX BRAND
The Worx brand is an innovative company. Their mission is pretty simple and it is "to create products that help people take care of their homes, yards and gardens." They employ more than 50 customer service agents who handle nearly 500,000 transactions annually.
WORX WG303 Chainsaw Specification
Just below we have included the important specification details about this model.
- Please note that this chainsaw uses electricity for power so not gas or cordless
- Measures 14.57 x 19.69 x 8.07 in
- It weighs 11 lbs
- 16" bar length
- It uses a 14.5 Amp motor output delivers a robust cutting performance
- Thankfully it has an auto-tension chain system that prevents over-tightening and self adjusts
- There is a low kickback bar and built-in chain brake
- The chain is 122m/s
- This chainsaw has automatic oil lubrication to the chain with a built-in oil reservoir
- It has a rubber rear handle and a full wrap front handle
- It also has a 3-year manufacturer’s warranty
Those are the key specifications for this chainsaw and as you can see it has a very good all round set of features. The important things to note here is that the warranty is sound at 3 years, and the brand is a well known and trusted brand.
What Buyers Say About the Worx WG303
There are plenty of online buyers (over 2,000 online buyer reviews) for this chainsaw so plenty of online buyer reviews to base our rating on. As you can see this one has maintained a steady 82% buyer satisfaction rating, and has maintained that for the last 4-5 years.
Below we have listed the main good and bad points that real life buyers have to say about this model.
- 2/3 of buyers gave this a 5 star rating
- This is light in weight especially when it is compared to petrol chainsaws
- There is strong power and the chain would be classed as being aggressive
- Very quiet and especially when compared to a gas powered chainsaw
- The chain automatic tensioning system works really well
- 10% of buyers gave this one a poor rating
- A few buyers said that the chain kept falling off
- A few buyers stated they received a faulty product and had to get it replaced
So overall this chainsaw gets good solid reviews though there are a few complaints about this one. The number of complaints is however relatively low, though there were some that did receive a product that wouldn't switch on, and that of course can be frustrating.
Oil to the chain
One of the important features of this saw is the way the oil flows to the chain and helps keep it fully lubricated. That prevents it from sticking when cutting and also adds longer life to the chain blade. Many chainsaws don't have this feature and that means you have to keep checking and oils the chain by yourself.
Like most products there are some flaws so we have also included those:
- If you have been used to a gas saw then having an electric lead does present its own challenges. Great care is required when using any power tool with an electric lead, and that is especially true with an electric chainsaw
- This WORX model does use more oil than most as the feed is automatic so good that it gets plenty of oil, but will of course need a steady supply of oil in the reservoir. For us we think that is a better option to make sure your saw lasts longer and the chain gets good consistent protection.
Our Verdict on the WORX WG303
If you are looking for an electric chainsaw then this WORX WG303 is about as good as any other electric chainsaw on the market. Overall it gets good reviews though there are a few complaints.
This is an easy to use saw which is ideal to cut down trees and also useful to trim branches from trees. The chain brake is great for safety and helps reduce the risk of kick backs.
It is also a useful saw for making firewood quickly.
One thing we would like to mention is that compared to other saws, this one is light in weight. That can make a huge difference if you have to work overhead, or for long periods of time.
If this is not the one for you then please feel free to check out our top 10 list by clicking here.
We also like the safety features on this chainsaw, but please be highly aware that it has an electric lead. It is so easy to forget that especially if you have been used to a gas powered or battery operated chainsaw.